Saturday, April 21, 2012

Poised for victory in NBA Fantasy finals

I consider myself a fantasy phenom. I play fantasy football, basketball and baseball, and more often than not I win. Maybe it takes talent, maybe it doesn't, but I am a flat out fantasy winner.

Paul Pierce has been on fire (Google Images)
That being said, it looks like I am going to win my NBA fantasy championship as I currently hold a 200-point lead with just a few days left in the matchup. But this is no surprise.

I won my first 10 matchups of the regular season. For those of you who don't know how fantasy basketball works, there were 11 regular season matchups this year, each spanning one week. So I did lose in week 11, the final week of the regular season, but I was just resting my players for the playoffs and was satisfied with a 10-1 season (sure, let's go with that).

Anyway, my team returned to dominance in the playoffs, as none of my matchups have even been close. My team is paced by Derrick Rose, who puts up crazy numbers when he actually plays, Paul Pierce, who is having probably his best season ever, Pau Gasol, a steady fantasy star, and Josh Smith, the most underrated player in the NBA.

Also playing well for me this year has been Ty Lawson, Marcin Gortat, Gerald Wallace, Mike Conley and Lou Williams.

Unfortunately I had to drop Jeremy Lin due to his injury, but man was that a good pickup during the regular season. Although his national attention died down after the first couple weeks, his numbers remained really good. Another one of my point guards, D.J. Augustin, has also been battling injury problems all season.

My most recent waiver pickups were Clay Thompson, J.J. Hickson, Glen Davis and Kevin Seraphin. These four guys have been just playing ridiculously well lately, and have added a major boost to my team. Who would've thought that Hickson, a guy the Cavs didn't even want, would become a great player in Portland? And Thompson has been a pleasant surprise as a rookie, and is probably the second-best rookie in the league only behind Kyrie Irving.

Long story short, I am going to win yet another fantasy championship. If only I actually played for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment